Admission procedures for Jordan Montessori School in Austin:
- Visit us—call or contact us online to schedule an orientation tour. Adults only please. Orientation tours include the introduction to the school’s philosophy and curriculum.
- When the decision to apply is made, complete an application form. On your tour, we will give you an application you may complete. All applications will be placed on the waiting list upon submission of the completed form and payment of $125 non-refundable application fee. As class placement is based on the availability of places, we suggest you apply early.
- Come in for an observation of the classroom while children are working. Once we receive your application, we will invite you to observe your child’s future classroom.
- We will invite your child to visit the classroom. We would like to see the child spend some time in the classroom, without their parent; we do request that the parent stay on site during that time. For toddlers, the length of the visit is half an hour, and for children age three and up, we prefer up to one hour.
- After the visit, we will set up a short conference with your child’s potential teachers to talk more about our philosophy. Adults only please.
- The administration will send out the notification of acceptance. We will provide you with our parent handbook.
- Welcome to JIMS! We look forward to seeing you and your child soon. If a place is not immediately available, you will be placed on our wait list. As space becomes available, the Admissions Office will notify you and proceed with the next step of the enrollment process.